Travis Wilson of WisSports.net previews all seven divisions of the WIAA High School Football Playoffs, as well as the 8-player tournament, ahead of Friday night's Level 1 games.
- Division 1 is loaded at the top featuring mostly teams from eastern Wisconsin, including defending champion Muskego and the Big 3 from the greater Fox Valley: Kimberly, Bay Port, and Fond du Lac.
- Division 2 is wide open, with only one undefeated team in the fold (Hartford).
- Division 3 is pretty loaded, led by teams such as New Berlin Eisenhower, DeForest, and others.
- Division 4 is Catholic Memorial's to lose, at least generally
- Division 5 has a number of power programs, including Stratford, Racine St. Catherine's, and others.
- Division 6 is incredibly deep, with Mondovi, Regis, Mineral Point, Racine Lutheran, and St. Mary's Springs all in the fold.
- Division 7 has the top three contenders yet again: defending champion Black Hawk/Warren, Edgar, and Bangor.
- 8-Player has two big favorites: undefeated Luck and undefeated Newman Catholic.
Listen to the preview here:
HSFB: 2019 Level 1 Playoff Preview
Here's a quick look at all of the Friday night playoff games in the greater Madison area for Level 1 of the WIAA Football Tournament.