Starters might not play in the third preseason game tonight in Winnipeg, including Aaron Rodgers, but that doesn't mean there aren't reasons to tune in. Here are five things to watch in tonight's Packers-Raiders preseason game in Canada.
David Michalski of Cheesehead TV lists the five position battles worth keeping tabs on tonight.
- How Will the Battle at the Wide Receiver Position shake out? - The top four positions are all accounted for with: Davante Adams, Geronimo Allison, Marquez-Valdes Scantling, and Equanimeous St. Brown. Now, it becomes a battle between Jake Kumerow, Darrius Shepherd, J'Mon Moore, Trevor Davis, and Allen Lazard for one or two positions (probably two).
- Will the offensive line be able to protect the quarterback and provide running lanes? - The Packers starting unit will have to neutralize the likes of Clelin Ferrell, Arden Key, Jonathan Hankins, Maurice Hurst, Brandon Marshall and Vontaze Burfict.
- Will the Packers Defense Clean up Their Act? - The preseason hasn't been overly kind to the Packers defense as they have given up 26 points in each of their first two contests.
- Is Aaron Rodgers healthy? - The team's main focus should be to have Rodgers 100% by September 5th against the Bears.
- Who will be the backup quarterback? - DeShone Kizer and Tim Boyle need to prove that they belong in the NFL. To this point, neither has shown consistency or the ability to make basic throws that a competent backup quarterback needs to make.
You can read a more detailed breakdown of each item at Cheesehead TV by clicking here.
Photo: Getty Images