Hear from Wisconsin Badgers players after their win over Iowa on Saturday at Camp Randall Stadium! Wisconsin won 24-22 to improve to 7-2 on the 2019 season.
- Junior RB Jonathan Taylor ran for 250 yards on 31 carries. That included 135 yards in the fourth quarter alone.
- Taylor is the only player to rush for 250 yards against Iowa since at least 2000. The next closest effort came from Michigan State's T.J. Duckett, who ran for 248 yards vs. the Hawkeyes in 2000.
- Taylor's 250 are the most ever by a Wisconsin player against Iowa, surpassing the previous record of 216 by Ron Dayne in 1999.
- Taylor tallied his third-career 250 yard game and his first since rushing for 321 yards at Purdue in 2018.
- Taylor recorded the 29th 100-yard rushing game of his career. Only Ron Dayne (33) has recorded more as a Badger.
- Taylor now has 5,430 yards for his career, 2nd most by a player through his junior season:
- Taylor's 36 and 42-yard runs in the 4th quarter marked the first runs of 20-plus yards allowed by Iowa this season.
- Junior QB Jack Coan finished 16-for-25 for 173 yards with 2 TDs and 1 INT. He has now 12 touchdowns to just 3 interceptions on the season.
- Junior WR Danny Davis scored the first rushing touchdown of his career on a 17-yard run that opened the scoring for UW in the 2nd quarter. He then scored his first touchdown reception of the season a 4-yard pass in the 2nd quarter.
- For Davis, this marked his third-career game with multiple touchdowns and his first since recording 2 receiving touchdowns at Purdue in 2018.
- Junior WR Quintez Cephus hauled in 5 passes for 94 yards with a touchdown. He scored his 4th TD catch of the season on a 27-yard pass from Jack Coan in the 3rd quarter.
- Cephus pulled in a 52-yard reception from Coan, the longest pass play for the Badgers this season, to set up that 3rd-quarter score.
- Junior DE Garrett Rand recorded the first tackle for loss of his career with a in the 3rd quarter.
- Sophomore DE Matt Henningsen recorded his 3rd sack of the season.
Photo: Getty Images